Friday 8 April 2011

Bookmarking Moment

My first ever bookmark of this type, but I'm going to make others. I saw the idea on Tracey Payne's Blog Crafeezee, in fact it was my choice of top pick on Ambers Crafts and Stuff a couple of weeks ago. You can see her inspiring creation here. It's for the granddaughter of a friend...she's not having a good time, poor mite. 

My image is a Mo's Digital, The betweener, and coloured with promarkers. I'm using the flicking method of colouring now...as opposed to making little circular movements....as demonstrated in the tutorial by Annika of Another Messy Crafter. She is doing a series of tutes using Copic's, but the techniques the thing for me. A real must see for beginners and otherwise. 

My flowers are recycled from a flower arrangement I had years ago. Lupin or foxglove-ie type flowers that I pulled apart....and put back together in my own weird way lol. 
Colours used. 
Tan, Vanilla & Blush for skin.
Burnt Umber, chestnut, Cocoa & Terrecotta for hair
Rose, Dusky & Pastel Pink
Oatmeal & Soft Peach. 
I don't need to tell you about the blender pen I used to clean up mistakes do I lol. 

Receipe...
Image - Mo's Digital
DP's - Basic Grey (striped)
Craft Creations (inspiring words)
Ribbon - Marianne Designs
Die Cut - Nestie Wonky Square
Colourant - Promarkers
Flowers - Recycled
Gem - Stash. 
Inspiration - Tracey Payne

I'd like to enter the following. 
The Paper Shelter ... Anything Goes 
Papertake Weekly ... Anything goes with optional Something new
 ( 1st time making this kind of book mark + sentiment DP.)
Karens Doodles ... Fancy and Feminine
The Crafty Pad ... Flowers
Stamping Sisters In Christ ... Card/Project for a child
CES Challenges ... Children







22 comments:

Dorcas said...

Oh Lin! This is fabulous!!

Tracey said...

This is absolutely fantastic - what a great idea :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

dj1952 said...

Wow! I've never seen a bookmark like this one. It's beautiful I love your colors and the colors you've used. I'll have to check her site out. Hugs, dj

Dawn said...

A lovely project! Cute image too!
Thanks for playing along in our flowers challenge at The Crafty Pad!
Good luck in all your challenges
Hugs
:Dawn xxx

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow totally gorgeous creation,awesome colour work,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Nancy said...

Your bookmark is gorgeous, Lindy:O) What a great idea! Love the papers and beautiful pinks, sweet image:)
Thank you for joining Karen's Doodles, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Sylvia x said...

this is a great bookmark...fantastic idea...hope your little friend likes it as much as we do over at the creative craft challenge...good luck and thank you for joining us

Sylvia xx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is great Linda! Very cute and love the design!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous - lovely pinks and a fab image!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

Anne said...

This is absolutely fantastic, gorgeous creation.
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles and good luck
Anne x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is beautiful and for your first go wow, I can not wait to see your next one now! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week & good luck in the draw!

Priyanka said...

wooooooooow very very creative, really this type of bookmark I first time see,this is soooooooooooooooooooooo fabulous fantastic.

dragonllew said...

This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.

Jenny x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at TPS this week.
Kevin xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda thats one beautiful piece of work, thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyx

Rushd Lady said...

Oh, goodie! Something else to make for my kids in Sunday School! You know, I just have to spoil them! :)

Dana said...

Linda this amazing!! The only bookmark I've ever made are those little corner ones! I will definitely be trying this one : )
Hugs~
Dana

Minta's Creations said...

This is so pretty..
You should enter it in the icopics blog. they are looking for a design team...
Momo sent me..
Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

This book mark is just adorable! I love the ribbon and the fact that you recycled the flower! Fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

aqualeiga said...

This is great, I've not seen one like it before! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD. Don't forget to check out the awesome prizes up for grabs in our altered CD competition! Hugs, Ali x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful ...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.........

Hugs
Judith

Crafteezee said...

Oh I love it, the colours are just me and love that image. So glad I inspired you and thanks for the plug on your blog. Hugs Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries