Wednesday 2 February 2011

Three of a kind with bling


I think this is quite a clean looking card....for me anyway. Not exactly clean and simple of course, but less busy than usual. The papers I used are a kind of paper ribbon that I cut into thin strips, the silivery paper at the centre is a bit of old wrapping paper....yes I'm one of those who open my parcels very carefully and knowing how many avid re-cycler s are out there I'm not afraid to say it lol.  

The faceted stones at the centres are clear but the others are all a set of three of one of the iris colours (complicated sentence), only the pink showing up though.  My appature card is an ultra slim (not a word Dorcas!!) DL and is part of a cheap bulk buy from years ago. Every thing is from stash. 

Just a few Challenges for this one...
OLLCB - Three of a Kind
Crafty Hos' - No Designer Papers
CES Challenge - Bold and Bright



16 comments:

dj1952 said...

I love your colors and of course the bling. Is this a long card? I can't quite see where the edges are. I've done a small quilt using this type of folding. Hugs, dj

Dorcas said...

I love Iris folding!! What a great idea, doing the 3 of a kind. And the bling adds interest too. Nice one. :-)

Sue said...

Hi Lindy
a beautiful card, luv all the bright colours, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love it Linda! I have not dine that fold in quite a while! this card is perfect for it. The colors and jewels are perfect too! Love the 3 of a kind. Great job!

Ms. Jen said...

WOW Lindy you're paper folding is gorgeous. I myself haven't attempted any of it yet. But I have a dear friend that sends me cards with this style and I'm wowed every time I get one. Great job sweetie!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh these 3 of a kind are just fab! Lovin the bright colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Wendi said...

Wow amazing so original and creative a fabulous creation
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous Lindy and those are really stunning colours youve chosen to use, a fabulous card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Lin!
I wanted to write a comment in the morning, but the internet connection was a little labile, so I´m late...
This is a very special card, you´re showing us today! I like it a lot!!! Great idea!
Hugs, Uli

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeus,,,,,,it is iris folding,,,,,I love the way you used this technique,,,whta neat idea,,,,and The colors,,,,are Stunning,,,,, Congratulatons.

Sheena said...

I love the colours you have used! Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

Priyanka said...

what a lot of work,amazing,another talented piece from you.

Sandy Ang said...

Love the spiral effect created by your iris folding ! cheers from another barely 5 feet tall cardmaker.

Faye said...

Very striking and very lovely. xx

Tammy Miller said...

Wow very cool, thanks for playing along with the Crafty Ho's!

Mina said...

fantastic work Lindy, those papers are gorgeous colours and your right it does have a clean look to it
Mina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries