Thursday 23 June 2011

Manly Men like Flowers, Don't They!!??

This card is for a friend who was just Baptised. I find this kind of card for a man very difficult, and I think this is my favourite male card to date. My DP is from my 6x6 V&A pack, ribbon is Marianne Creatables, as is the ribbon carrying border die. My Flower is cut from the tiny centre of the Fleur d lyes squares by nesties. I'll get back to you on the stamped sentiment. It was all in one, but I cut it so I could put it around the square. My digi is Arthurs Clip-Art. 

I thought the Flower in a matching warm grey wasn't too girly lol....besides many men like flowers. 

A Few Masculine Challenges I'd like to enter...

My Mum's Craft shop - for a male
Tuesday Throwdown - Masculine Card 
Catch The Bug - It's A Man's World 
Wags 'n Whiskers - Masculine.
Little Claire's  - Cards For Men
 Paper Creator's Crafts - For The Men
Fashionista Friday - For men.
 Glitter Geeks -  Male / Father's Day.



14 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely card, thank you so much for joining us over at Paper Creator's Crafts.

Debbie x

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is fantastic Linda! Perfect for a man! Flower and all! I have a baptism card to make too! But for a girl! A bit easier.

Sheree said...

What a lovely card Lindy! I am sure he will love it! I really like the stamps you used and the flower is beautiful!
Hugs,
Sheree

dj1952 said...

This is a gorgeous card Linda. I love the black and white, and the way you stamped around the square with your sentiment. Love the flower, too. I know I've given flowers to Lang before. Hugs, dj

julie_woolston said...

Lovely card thank you for joining in at Paper Creator Crafts first challenge.

Julie x

Anniebee said...

I love this card, Linda! I think it's perfect for a man's baptism. Beautiful yet masculine. I know what you mean about having trouble making manly cards and I have been trying to make myself make more of them just to stay in practice.

I have an award for you over on my blog. You can drop by and pick it up when you have time.

Hugs,
Anniebee
http://anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Dorcas said...

Hi Linda!
I think this is great, Lin! You're right, "Manly men like flowers". Look at all the male gardeners out there! I think this is fabulous and any man would love it.

Tammy Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Beautiful card in great colors and lovely details! Thanks for joining us this week for our Mans World Challenge at Catch the Bug! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

CraftyGals Blog said...

Lovely card, thank you so much for joining us over at Paper Creator's Crafts.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! The black and white is so striking, and what a wonderful occasion to be celebrating -- I'm sure he will truly appreciate this fabulous card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)

Antonella said...

This is a great card! I agree... manly men can deal with flowers - lol! Hugs, antonella :-)

I've been looking around your blog - you have much to offer. Your medallions are fantastic. I've become a follower to keep up with your doings :-)

Hugs,
Antonella :-)

cebelica said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the layout. You put everything together perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges this week! Hugs!

Unknown said...

wow..amazing detail hun!! Thanks for playing at MMCS xx

Unknown said...

A lovely mans card, thanks for joining us at paper creators first challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries