Sunday 20 March 2011

A Cheerful Tree Frog

This card is made with another of Deborah Boyet's wonderful images. I love tree frogs - a 'bug' I caught from my son when he was young lol. I've been looking forward to using him, and have so many cards planned. First though I've made a card for a friend who's in The Marie Cure Hospis. He has learning difficulties and doesn't know how little time he has left. With my situation I can't get out to visit him so wanted him to have something really cheerful to look and and remind him that we are thinking of him....hubby took it to him. 
I coloured him with my much neglicted blendable pencils, and I'm quite pleased with the result. I will do another with my promarkers though too. I went for the Clean and Simple look, which always terrifies  me, and I'm never sure if I've 'got it'.
The butterflies are  holographic and double layered acetate. The pack was a gift from my aunt, and I was in such a hurry to rip them open and use them that I threw the package away, naughty, naughty.
Don't forget to pop over to Deborah's Blog Blackberry Lane Designs here, to see this and other beautiful images. 

My Receipe...
Tree Frog Image - Blackberry Lane Designs
Die cut - Nestie Labels 8
DP - Basic Grey
Greeting Stickers - Daisy and Dandylion
Blendable Pencils - W H Smith
Cardstock - Tesco
Butterflies - Stash. 

I'd like to enter the following 
The Crafty Pad ... Use A Digi
Gingerloft Challenge ... Die Cuts or Punches 
One Stitch At A Time ... Something For The Boys 
Sugar Creek Hollow... Anything Goes 
Card Makin Mama's (fantastic name) ... Animals 
Art Impression Stamps ... Punches or Die Cuts 
Charisma Cardz Challenge ... To Die For 
Digi Doodle Shops Best ... Anything Goes 
Stamping Vacation... Nestabilities
Paper Pretties ... Masculine 
My Grafico Challenges ... Anything Goes 
Flourishes ... Butterflies 


25 comments:

stitchy said...

Linda, what a cute card, I love Deborah's images :)..thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at OSAAT :) - good luck

stitchy
xoxox

Susan said...

Lindy...this is an adorable littel tree frog...and your coloring looks fabulous!!

Chrissie said...

Hi Linda,
How great to see you at "Less is More".
You mentioned that you were a little daunted (terrified I think was your description)by the clean and simple genre of cards... here we aim to help!
For us, the frog image would probably have more impact without the two pattern paper labels as we are really happy to see lots of white space.
He's such a cutie!
Another of our guidelines is that our challenge can only be combined with 4 other challenges making a total of 5.
We hope that you will be a regular participant in our challenges and we hope to see you again next week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Erica said...

I do love the frog and he'd be fine on this card all by himself.

Pauline said...

What a fab image and beautifully coloured too.

Bea said...

Love the frog - he is so cute

dj1952 said...

Beautiful card Linda. You did a great job in coloring him. The other papers are great, too. I've got to finish up my two other cards myself. Hugs, dj

Lorraine said...

Great card. The frog is fabulous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Unknown said...

O how cute, love your froggie stamp. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

Renee Matarese said...

Very cute! I love your fun, bright colors! I love green so frogs are right up my alley! Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. Hope to see you again soon!
~Renee
SCH DT

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute Linda! Love the bright colors!

Priyanka said...

yeah absolutely right, this frog is really cheerful, and I love your mind, will pray for him.
Bug hugs
Priyanka

Kathryn said...

lovely card, I am sure your friend will take comfort from it. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x

Josephine said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining us at the One Stitch at a Time this week.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Very bright and so pretty!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful!! I love the bright colors and beautiful coloring with blendable pencils!
Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Heather said...

Such beautiful colouring, I'm sure your friend will adore it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Angie said...

Great colours and your colouring with you pencils is fabulous. Angie xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Fun card Linda! The added butterflies are awesome! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

Sheree said...

Fabulous card Lindy!! Love the bright colours, the image and layout!
You never cease to amaze me!

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at The crafty pad this week x

Anonymous said...

I love tree frogs too and you've coloured him beautifully.Great papers to go with him too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Chris said...

what little boy wouldn't love to get a card with a frog on it. You colored it beautifully. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi,
Ah this is a great card and just right for us on OSAAT this week with our theme of one for the boys, Thanks for playing along,
Hazelxox

Gale said...

Great image! I used to catch them for my sons also. Thanks for sharing with us at GingerLoft Challenges! Gale :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries