Friday 11 March 2011

A Diamond (Top) of a Bunny

Deborah Boyet from Blackberry Lane Designs has given me some more of her wonderfully detailed images to play with. Do pop over and see all the other gorgeous digi's she has. I had to do this one first, and make it look like my own (sadly no more) bunny Lucy. Pic of her at bottom of post. 

I spent a long time colouring her with my promarkers. I am still a little afraid of them and didn't want to make a mess of the lovely details. The shading was easy...everything already there for me to follow but putting the colour on scared me silly lol. I had to keep adding a bit, blending and putting away again for a couple of days so I could see it fresh. I did end up happy with the texture...wouldn't be on the card otherwise lol.  

Colours used.
              Spice; Terracotta; Caramel; Raw Sienna 
Warm Grey 1, 3 & 5 
Lots of blender.

As you can see I'm still a little obsessed crocheting, not just flowers, I'm mad on crocheting lace now too. I put amber seed beads for the flower centres and lilac pearls on the lace. I had to - yes had to, just  couldn't stop myself - make a paper flower with scraps and the centre from the wobbly square nestie.  I edged it round with amethyst promarker. Cut myself some lace edging with the papers and also made a couple of fancy pins to match. 





This Lucy, one of my beloved house-rabbits.  Usually called Lucy-fur by my hubby who so often had a nip on the ankle to make him move. This lady only believed in travelling as the crow flies....no way was she making a detour around your feet...get them out the way fast lol. 


Receipe...
Papers - Basic Grey (Fusion)
Die cuts - Nestie & Marianne Designs Lace
Colourants - Promarkers
Flowers, Lace, Pins - Home-made
Beads & Pearls  - Stash

I'd like to enter the following challenges..
Southern Girls - Use Flowers
Creative Belli - Animals
Desert Island Crafts - Handmade flower, Hand coloured image, pearls
Gingerloft Challenge - Use those flowers
Little Claire's - Flowers 




17 comments:

Dorcas said...

Wow Lin your flowers are awesome!! And the rabbit looks so realistic!! You're pretty clever adding seed beads while you're crocheting, not sure how you do that....hmmm

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So many yummy details on this Linda! Love the colors and your lace flowers and lace are great! The beads are cool too! Love that you colored her to look like your fur-bunny. It is nice to do projects like these to remember them by. Your coloring does look her. Loved the name your hubby called her. My hubby had love-hate names for Cody too!

Snowcatcher said...

I totally love the crochet detail, and I like the little paper flower, too. Inspirational!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Linda youve done a fabulous job of your colouring your rabbit looks real, and the card embellishments are gorgeous to. with hugs Shirleyxxx

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

I love love love the crocheted elements!

Kitty said...

Wow love your card, so much detail too!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire and hope to see you again for the next challenge!

Kitty xx

skylife said...

That bunny is really adorable! I love bunnies!!!
Great card!
Thanks for joining us at DDSB

dj1952 said...

Linda, your card is beautiful. I'm sure Deborah will love it too. All the elements you used on the card are also fantastic. I love your crocheting. The colors are great, also. Hugs, dj

Tracy said...

This is stunning! You did a fantastic job on the image and I am LOVIN' all your crocheted pieces. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing this week's challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Priyanka said...

soo cute and very creative.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

What a unique card! I love all your selfmade embellishments! What a busy crafter you are!

Lynn said...

What a cute bunny! Love your card and the gorgeous detail:)
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx
PS: I am having a give away on my blog if you are interested

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome design...I just love the colors and that sweet little bunny!!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Just amazing! Blessings, Lori m

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers and I love your bunny. Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls.
Alicia xx

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty love the flowers, thanks so much for joining us in our Flower Challenge at Southern Girls. I hope to see you again.
~Patricia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries