Monday 28 March 2011

Sympathy in Greens

I've just had to make another sympathy card. This is for a friend who has lost her daughter to Sickle Cell. Everyone is very distressed about it, it's so sad. 

I've always found green very soothing and I've discovered I rather like it for Sympathy cards...though hoping I don't have to make any more for a while. The image is from the Help For Katie bundle, by Floral Thoughts. My colouring inspiration is from my friend Ulini who has the most beautiful photos on her blog of Gerber Daisy's her husband bought her...check them out here

 Some Close Ups 
Promarkers I used..
Olive, Marsh, Moss, & Pear Green, with Lime Green to outline
Red, Burnt Orange & Peach.

 I've recently found that I had some seam binding amongst all the ribbons I'd hoarded from my time making ribbon roses. I used to add them to the cross stitch designs I did. I'm loving them all crinkled up...makes a change for trying to get them nice and smooth lol.

Faceted 'gems' 

Fancy brad from a set my Aunt bought me. 

My Receipe...
DP's - Create & Craft .. Boy Oh Boy
Twelveby 12 .. Flower Collection
Colourants - Promarkers
Brad - V & A Handoverian Epoxy Collection.
Seam Binding & Gems - Stash
Inspiration - Ulini at Apricot Bubbles 

I'd like to enter the following challenges 
Creative Inspiration ...Inspired by Flowers 
Gingerloft ... Die Cuts or Punches 
Lets Ink It Up ... Die Cuts or Punches 
Cardmadfairy ... Back To Nature
Crafty Purple Frog... Go Green
Do You Stack Up ... Shine On 
Little Miss Muffet... Brad's, Gems or Pearls. 
Sassy Studio Designs ... Bloomin' Beautiful


16 comments:

dj1952 said...

Linda this is beautiful. I really like the embelishments you've added to the card. Everything is really well done. I'm sure it will be a comfort to the family members. Have a great day. Hugs, dj

Annemaritta said...

Lovely. Lol, was going to ask about the ribbon! Marvellous! <3

Dorcas said...

I too like the binding ribbon , its a nice touch. I hate making sympathy cards but you always pull through with them. The recipient will be so touched that you thought of them.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Lin!
Your sympathy card is very beautiful - all those shades of green... and I love the ribbon embellishment, too! You colored the flower very beautifully!
I´m happy, that my pictures inspired you - the flowers are gone now, but the pics remain.
I try to make as many photos of persons, things and situations as I can - everything can be over too soon... I´m so sorry for your friend... please give her a big hug from me.
Hugs,
Uli (Ulina)

WencheP said...

Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Fliss said...

A really lovely card for a very sad occasion Linda and such beautiful colours.
Thanks for sharing it with us at LIIU die cuts & punches challenge and good luck!
x

Kimberly said...

Ohhhh, love your blog i just had to take your sheet on the kimono's awesome. I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

What a beautiful card. I am so sorry your friend is having to deal with the loss of her daughter.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

I am so sorry Linda! Your card will bring her some comfort. Green is calming. Love Gerber Daisies too, and that seam binding is perfect! Like how you used little bits of paper too!

Regan said...

Your lovely card will surely let your friend know she is not alone during this difficult time! My heart goes out to her... No parent should have to go through losing a child! Comforting thoughts are being sent! And thank you for joining the challenge @ SSD! :)

Unknown said...

That's a brautiful card - such a sad time

kitten DYSU team

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda thats a lovely card for someone whos lost a child, its not easy to send the right thing but Im sure that will be very gratefully received. with hugs Shirleyxxx

lalkygirl said...

its never easy to send a card at this sad time ,but i am sure that this beautiful card will be gratefully recieved ,thanks for joining us at digi days
tracey x

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card!!! I am a new follower sent over from MOMO. Please stop by my blog and follow too:)
Sherrie K.
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Vicky said...

Fab card I love the flower.
Thank you also for joining us girlies at CPF Challenges, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries