Friday 4 March 2011

Oh Baby, Baby!! ...& A New Challenge Blog

Cooking, Camping & Crafting is planning to start challenges from mid March. So....she's looking for all kinds of  crafters to join her Design Team - as she says herself a well rounded group of people....Including card makers, scrapbookers, altered items etc.This card is my application, if you'd like an opportunity to join her team you'll find the details here 

My card is destined for a couple who are expecting their second son next month. Their first is six now and they didn't think they'd be able to have any more...so you can imagine how happy they are. I've used so many things I love on this, papers from my favourite collection, my new dies, the adorable image from Sugar Nellie, the sketch from Skipping Stones Designs (I'm so in love with this sketch I feel I may never use another ) and, last but not least my crocheted flowers - my latest obsession. I really enjoyed making the crocheted 'ribbon' to decorate my tag, and scattered a few pearls about too. 

Promarkers used -  Powder & Denim Blue, Canary Yellow & Mustard on the hat. For his skin - Tan, Oatmeal, Blush & Almond. They were as close to those Trina used as I had in my stash. 

I actually love this card so much that I'm going to have to make a few variations of it if I've any hope of parting with it when the time comes lol. 

I have to give a shout out to Mina and Trina both who coloured this image beautifully and I used as my guide to (hopefully) do it justice.

My Receipe...

Image - Sugar Nellie,
Sketch - Skipping Stones Designs
Dies - Nesties and Marianne Designs
DP's - Craft Creations Meadow Collection
Ribbon & Stickers  - Imag-e-nation
Pearls - The Craft Factory
Colourants - Promarkers
Cardstock & dummy(soother) charm - Stash
Crochet flowerers and bow - home-made

I like to join in the following Challenges :-
Little Miss Muffet Challenges ... Designer Papers
Some Odd Girl ... Use Something Homemade
Bling It On ... Anything goes with added extra, a charm
Desert Island Crafters ... No's 4, 5 & 6 from Itinerary 
(i.e. Hand coloured Image, 2 patterned papers, Pearls).
Tuesday Throwdown ... Tag Your It 
Critter Challenge ... Add a Sentiment
Cupcake Craft Challenge ... Anything But Square
KB Cute Monday ... Anything Goes with a Digi
Lexi's Creations ... Flowers 
Paper Playtime .... Anything Goes, With a Digi
Woodware USA Clear Stamps... Anything Goes 
Paper Sundaes ... How Charming (use a Charm)



Sketch I used.

Some close ups 

 A scattering of pale blue pearls 




44 comments:

Annemaritta said...

Linda, you don't believe this, but looking at the image made my eyes watering (too soppy to say got tears into my eyes).
So beautiful so gorgeous so wowwww!!!!!

Flutterby Trina said...

Hi hun, you have done a wonderful job of him! i keep seeing him about and wish he was real! What pens have you used to colour him? I love the crochet flower, I so wish I would make some but i cant crochet! I can knit!

Thanks for the shout hun, will be back soon xxx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card... I love it.

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgoues love that image which you have colured beautifully hugs cheryl xxx

Priyanka said...

o My God,O my God,This is beyond the word fabulous,yeah hey really colour him very very very artistically, really u just blown me away.I just love love love it.

Dorcas said...

Oooooh your flowers are GOR-GE-OUS!!! Love it, and I also love the crochet string you used for the tie by the sentiment. I hope you get your DT position, you've done a wonderful job here. :-)

Dorcas said...

Don't forget to enter it in Phindy's today. :-)

dj1952 said...

Wow Linda! What a beautiful card. You did an awesome job with your coloring. Everything about the card is just fantastic. I know the couple will absolutely love the card. What a treasure. I also hope you get selected to be on the DT. I can't believe they would let you get away since you sent them this card. Hugs, dj

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Adorable image, fantastic colours and I love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! Super cute card. Thank you for playing The KB Challenge :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is beautiful Linda! Such a sweet image, and beautifully colored! Love your flowers and and ribbon! So crafty! Perfect baby card!

Faye said...

This is a beauty! The blue and yellow colour combo is great and the crochet flowers are so cute. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week too. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lindy, what a beautiful card. The image is gorgeous and I love the papers you've used. Your crochet flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Barb Turpin said...

WOW! That image is SOOOOO well done! Love all the extras like your cute little flowers and great job on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday!

Amanda R said...

Your coloring on this is amazing! Good luck with the design team tryout!

Patsi said...

Gorjuss card. The image is very cute. Thankyou for joining our first challenge at bling it on ..... Xx

Tracey said...

This is so beautiful! I love the crochet flowers and ribbon.......A friend is giving me lessons at the moment, I'd love to be able to make my own flowers like yours.
My pins arrived today Lindy, the beads are so pretty I can't wait to make them. Thankyou so very much for sending them.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Super cute, Linda! You coloured the skin perfectly and I LOVE your flowers! You indeed made a wonderful card!!!
Hugs,
Uli

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda that is stunning, such a sweet image and a beautiful card. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

Nancy said...

Such a precious card...they will love it!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card, lovely image and great flowers! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our flower challenge, good luck, love Jacky x

Crystal said...

Wow, beautiful! I love your crocheted flowers! I'm sure they will love this fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Laney said...

This is adorable!! a beautiful keepsake
Thank you for joining in the very first challenge at Bling it On hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Sentiment Challenge Blog for our Critter Challenge! Good Luck! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so precious!!! I have to get this image..amazing coloring!!
thanks so much for joining us at Phindy Place - hope to see you again (-:
Linda

Anne said...

What stunning colouring of this adorable image. Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Anonymous said...

Oooh, me again - how cute!!
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck in the draw too ;o))

Shelly said...

Gorgeous creation and such lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly x

Gladys said...

Omg goodness! Your coloring is so beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at SSD!

Sarah Rice said...

awww! how darling!

Thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Anonymous said...

wow, the coloring is so realistic! wonderful baby card. thanks for playing the critter challenge.

Unknown said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us this week on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

~amy~ said...

WOW...great card! thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Jingle said...

Very nice card! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Karina said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love this image and what you made with it. The colour choice is awesome.
Thank you for joining our 'how charming' challenge over at Paper Sundaes.
Hugs, Karina

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness, you were able to fit alot into that one little card. Great job on all the challenges. Your coloring is FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for joining us on Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge. We hope to see you playing along again this week. If you aren't already, please "like" us on Facebook for more chances to win FREE SSD stamps!!

mum of two said...

What a beautiful card! I love the image you chose, that baby is gorgeous! I love the little flowers you added, they are the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Anniebee said...

This is just beautiful, Lindy! His coloring is so good, it almost looks like a photograph! Love the crocheted flowers too... nice touch!

Anne
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Ann Kranitz said...

Just stunning!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SSD

Brenda said...

so pretty, and what a great occasion to celebrate! Thanks for joining us at SSD!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, I love all those amazing details! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Debs said...

a beautiful card..the image is adorable..thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at Bling It On...hugs Debs x

Taylor said...

Oh how I love this image - too sweet! Thanks for playing along with us over at Desert Island Crafters!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries