Wednesday 9 March 2011

Scrappy Scrap challenge - Voting Begun

Shalini at  Craft Curry organised a Scrappy Scrap Challenge. She sent all entrants a bag of scraps, and we had to use them to make a card. Other than a few basic's such as cardstock etc, we were to use  only the scraps - one stamp allowed so long as it wasn't an image.  I can't tell you how much fun it's been, and it was so easy to put it all together....non of my usual dithering over papers and embellishments, no changing my mind half way through lol. If ever you get chance to enter one of these, I say jump at it.

All the cards are up on her blog now and ready for voting. If you'd like to vote for me, or anyone else,  please pop over and  vote here All the cards entered are great, I'm having trouble picking my top 3.

I won't show my card here until voting has closed on March 13th, I think it's fairer to see them all together,  Shalini has said to go ahead and post the cards, so that's below and here is a pic of the scraps she sent. What looks like a shadow is a sheet of acetate. The braid with the green pearls running through is scrumptious, I have loads left of use on another project. I loved the wooden button and had trouble making myself stick it down lol.

My first try at a diamond top card. 

I used a sketch from Sketch Saturday. Will have to check if it's still current. 

I cut lacy circles from the acetate and coloured them with tulip yellow promarker.
 Put a flower on top of each one 

I used the lacy circle to make a couple of paper flowers,
 and cut up a few of the beads from the braid to make flower centers. 






3 comments:

dj1952 said...

Your card is beautiful, and I for one will be voting for it. The other two will be a little harder. I haven't been around much this past week, I just haven't felt much like doing anything. I purchased several digis from Mo's yesterday and a couple more from two other sites, so I have a lot of coloring to do; that might give me a boost. Love, dj

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

That is such a fun idea Linda. You did a great job. I would find it very daunting. Love the spring colors. The other card is great too.

Domain Registration India said...

It's really a great idea and you are doing a great job. All of these cards are so beautiful because design is so unique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries